Reading With Your Child
When you think you're done, you've just begun!
Get the conversation started!
After enjoying a book with your child, whether he reads to you or you read to him, continue the experience by asking one of the following questions:
- What did you notice about the story?
- Were there any tricky parts? How did you solve them?
- Does this book remind you of anything that happened to you?
- Does this book make you think of another book you've read?
- What have you been wondering as you read?
- What was your favorite part? Why?
- Who was your favorite character? Why?
- Did the character solve a problem? How?
- Were there any parts that surprised you? Why?
- Why do you think the author wrote this book?
- What are you going to read next?