Fourth Grade Homework Policy
Thank you for your continued support at home. We will be assigning homework for Reading, Math, and Word Study. The assignments for each subject area are as follows:
- Read for at least 20 minutes each night.
- Complete weekly reading log in your student agenda. Parents can sign off on Thursday night to be submitted on Friday.
- Complete Google Classroom assignment or math worksheet.
** If there is no WS or Google Classroom assignment, complete an activity from the Math Menu.
- Complete spelling activities as assigned.
After much thought and consideration, we have selected the activities above because they will review, reinforce, and extend the material that your child has learned in the classroom. Our focus is quality homework activities rather than quantity. Please help your child practice good homework habits.
If homework is not turned in on the due date the Late Policy is as follows:
- 1 day late= verbal reminder with no penalty.
- 2 days late= Homework slip will go home for parent signature.
- 3+ days late= Email or phone call.
Homework is a chance for your child to practice and reflect on his/her learning.
Thank you for your cooperation. If you have any questions, please email or call your child’s homeroom teacher.
Fourth Grade Teachers
Homework assignments are recorded by each student in their homework agenda every morning. It is their responsibility to write down the homework and pack up the items required to complete it at home. This homework will review what we learned in school that day. Homework can be completed with parent assistance, however please allow your child to make mistakes on homework and/or write me a note if they struggled on a particular concept. This will help me have a better understanding of the material that we need to review.